Due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic, and in accordance with Government instructions, we have taken the difficult decision to close the Tring Town Council Office and the Information Centre to the public until further notice. However, we are working remotely, and we will attempt to deal effectively with all enquiries by phone (there is an answer machine message facility), e-mail, or via this website (see ‘contact information’ page at the bottom of the list on the left). As and when we receive updated information about local services, we will add links below, to keep you in the picture about the great work that is being done in the local community.

Pop-up COVID-19 drive-through test centres – three pop-up sites: in Hertford (Saturdays), Watford (Sundays) and Stevenage (Mondays) have been commissioned by local NHS organisations and are supported by the military. Testing at each site will open at 10am and run until 4pm. For further information visit here

For latest advice from Central Government and Hertfordshire County Council on face masks, click here

For the latest information from Rothschild House Surgery in Tring about patient care and prescription arrangements, please click here

If you have concerns about your own health and well-being in respect of Covid-19, please do not go to your GP, pharmacy or hospital. If you need to, use the online ‘111’ service at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus – please only actually phone 111 if you cannot get help from the online service.

Here are some links to further useful contacts that you may find helpful during this crisis:

Perhaps the most important being:

“Herts Help” on 0300 123 4044 or online at Herts Help can provide a range of help and advice to members of the public, care providers, and voluntary sector organisations alike. This includes the provision of support for people who are self-isolating, and advice for people living and working in residential and home care settings. You can also tell them about someone who needs help, or who you’re worried about. They will try to find the best possible sources of help to meet your concerns.

You can find Hertfordshire County Council’s realtime service updates – a key source of local information – here

You can find Hertfordshire County Council’s information about benefits and financial advice for people affected by Coronavirus here

Due to the current Covid-19 crisis, bus service levels in all areas, including ours, are subject to frequent change. You can check your service information before you travel here

For a Business Update from Dacorum Borough Council, please click here


Can you support a great local initiative?

South East Crafts for Causes originally came together last year to help make items to save animals in the Australian bushfires. We have over 1k members on our local facebook group.

Now we have been asked directly by Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Watford General Hospital and Luton and Dunstable Hospital to sew scrubs and scrub bags. These are for staff who do not normally wear scrubs but are required to now due to covid19. We have also been approached by St Josephs care home in Tring who also needs scrubs for their employees.


Hospitals are overwhelmed and the factories that provide scrubs are in China. They are weeks behind in production and the global demand is just too high.

We have raised over £2500 at the moment to help cover the cost of fabric and trimmings. Our goal is £5000 so we have made a great start.

We have pledged to make 500 sets of scrubs.

We desperately need more funds to be able to secure the amount of fabric needed.
The fabric alone costs approx £10 per scrub set.

This will be vital to helping to keep staff and the community safer.

Could you consider donating towards our initiative? This money will go directly to funding fabric and threads to sew these scrubs. Scrubs will be sewn by volunteers. All scrubs will be donated to NHS workers and or the specified care home.

Our facebook page South East Crafts for Causes https://m.facebook.com/groups/589311051852612/

Our GoFundMe page is: http://gf.me/u/xu62yz


Calling small tourism, retail and leisure businesses! @HertsLEP and @VisitHertsUK and are offering funding to help adapt your business ready for post-lockdown measures. Find out if your business qualifies.


News from Dacorum Community Action

We are now offering those who are vulnerable, including those vulnerable people who live in Tring, the opportunity to have their shopping delivered by one of our volunteers. We are open to people who are either over 70 and able to afford shopping but reluctant to venture out, or those who are unable to do their shopping for other reasons that do not qualify them for Operation Shield support. To find out more, contact http://www.communityactiondacorum.org

Operation Sustain. We have been coordinating the recruitment of volunteers in Dacorum for Operation Sustain. If you are interested in volunteering, please go to http://bit.ly/TeamHertS and we will help you find something to do. If you run a charity in Tring and are in need of help, contact http://www.communityactiondacorum.org

Supporting Community Groups. We are currently contacting small pop-up community groups to help them with training and to help them to think about how they safeguard themselves and others. We also don’t want to stop people helping so we want avoid duplicating work in areas where the local community has it covered. For information, get in touch with Matt Hatton at http://www.communityactiondacorum.org

The Hertfordshire Volunteering and People Assistance Cell is a countywide partnership helping to manage and implement a coordinated effort to support those affected by Coronavirus.

Where possible, our wonderful local businesses and groups are doing everything they can to keep things going and provide a service to customers, even if things have to be different for a while. Click on the link below to check what’s happening.

Tring Still Means Business 3 June 2020


Bonfires during COVID19 lockdown – update from Neighbourhood Watch

The advice from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue is to avoid starting bonfires as the COVID19 lockdown continues and whilst Hertfordshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres are closed. They advise that:


–          Bonfires can quickly get out of control and pose a risk to you, your family and your property

–          Bonfires can cause issues for people with respiratory illnesses, harm wildlife, pollute the atmosphere

–          Bonfires can cause a nuisance for neighbours.

Please avoid lighting bonfires to help reduce the pressure on firefighters.  If you are going to light a bonfire then please follow Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue’s safety advice by visiting:  www.hertsfire.gov.uk

If you need information regarding bin and waste collections, please check the Dacorum Borough Council website:  www.dacorum.gov.uk/home/environment-street-care/recycling-refuse-waste


Police Contact Advice

  • Telephone 999 in an emergency where there is a danger to life or a crime is in progress.
  • Telephone 101 for non-emergencies where police attendance is required, to report a crime or to report any other incidents.
  • Alternatively, visit www.herts.police.uk/contact to report a non-emergency crime online or chat to a police operator live via our web chat service.

Please feel free to explore our website for more extensive local information. Please be aware that, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the currency or accuracy of websites to which we provide links on our web pages, particularly at this difficult time.